We call this lovely Cymbidum “California Dreamin'” – a great song (by the Mamas and the Papas) from a colorful time (the Sixties) in a sunny state (California). When you look at the lovely sunset-toned colors of this bloom, be reminded of sunny days and happy (or hippy, if you like) times. The photo of the plant is representative of the Near Blooming Size (NBS) plants we’re offering. Please note that leaf tips may be trimmed back, due to burning of leaves (by fertilizer levels). NBS plants are about 12 – 18 months from reaching Blooming Size, under good growth conditions. Plants will be shipped BARE ROOT, so you’ll need your own potting medium (bark works very well) and your own pot. Plants are NOT IN BLOOM when shipped.
- WINTER SHIPPING NOTICE: We ship from CA. If you’re in a northern state or cold area, PLEASE select the 72-hour heat pack option (incl upgrade to USPS Priority), or your plant may FREEZE in transit! (You only need ONE heat pack per order.) Orders over $50 get a free heat pack (if needed). If you don’t select the heat pack option, we may not be able to ship your plant until warmer weather. We are NOT responsible for cold weather damage for plants ordered WITHOUT a heat pack.
- Easy, non-fussy, Cymbidium orchid with lovely yellow blooms. ROBUST GROWER, EASY TO BLOOM, excellent for orchid beginners (and everyone else!).
- EASY to grow indoors, or outdoors in non-freezing zones. Avoid temps below 40 F, and it will do well!
- HOW TO GROW–LIGHT: bright, shady conditions. Avoid direct sun. WATER: 2X/week. MEDIA/SOIL: Well-draining chunky bark mix. FERTILIZER: balanced fertilizer every two weeks. TEMPERATURE: 50 deg F – 95 deg F; keep well watered and misted when very hot. Avoid freezing!
- PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY AT PHOTOS to get an idea of size! There is a pen or coin in each picture as a size reference. Photo is representative of plant you will receive. IMPORTANT: PLANTS ARE NOT IN BUD/BLOOM WHEN SHIPPED. SD2 plants are ~12 – 18 months from Blooming Size. Near Blooming Size (NBS) plants are 6 – 12 months from Blooming Size. IMPORTANT: Some leaf tips may be trimmed due to accumulated fertilizer burn. This is merely cosmetic — it will not affect growth of the plant.