Dendrobium speciosum is one of the best-known orchid species from Australia. Its beautiful fragrance in bloom is only matched by the large number of flowers each flower spike produces. A large mature plant can produce hundreds of flowers at once. The plant offered here is a seedling of this easy-to-grow species: you can grow it in almost any kind of media, such as moss, bark, or even rock (as it does in nature). A seedling this size is still some years away from full blooming size, but its growth will continue to accelerate as it adds more bulbs. This species typically blooms during the spring on mature plants. (PLEASE NOTE: THE THICK, FLESHY LEAVES OF THIS SPECIES OFTEN DEVELOPS BLACK SPOTS, BUT THIS IS NATURAL. IT IS NOT AN INFECTION AND THE PLANT WILL GROW FINE.) Because it is not very common, Den. speciosum would make a fine addition to any orchid collection, or a great gift to someone in you life who loves orchids!
- Easy, tough orchid from Australia. Grows in many kinds of media (bark, moss, rock)
- Produces many flowers on each flower spike when mature
- Flowers are extremely fragrant
- Can grow outdoors in temperate areas (avoid frost)
- PLEASE NOTE SMALL SIZE OF PLANT BEFORE ORDERING! IT IS ONLY ~3